Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Drew Jacoby

Yes, I know that when I decided to come home to Dallas over spring break it was because I needed to rest...but then I saw something online about a master class by Drew Jacoby near by so I had to sign up.

This post won't be lengthy (seeing as how I started it on Sunday), but I just want to make it very clear how cool this class was.

I'll do this by showing you very impressive pictures of Drew, the girl who taught my class.




I'm not sure that she knows how to NOT take an impressive picture. Anyway, it was a contemporary class, not ballet, but wow......it was just so cool. She seems to be a real weirdo, herself, but the kind of weirdo that you want to be more like yourself.

After class she came up to me and was all like, "Oh my gosh, I live in New York, submersed with the best dancers and talent in the world, but I have NEVER seen the likes of you! You must leave here with me and let me take you to New York to let people learn from you." And I was all like, (in my head) 'ha I just made that entire scenario up while I watch her stand 10 feet away from me talking to someone else that she doesn't know about her awesome class.'

Yeah, if that was confusing, just know that I lied about the things Drew said to me about how good I am. She said nothing of the sort.

Well ok, wait I'll give myself some credit. When I went to thank her for class, she asked me if I danced on pointe, and I said that I hadn't in a long time, and she said "Oh, darn, yeah you were amazing in class and I need dancers who are comfortable dancing pretty technically on pointe." I think I'll send her my info anyway, knowing that she will probably never contact me...but I've got nothing to lose.

Anyway, that's Drew Jacoby. Look her up- she's got some awesome videos out there!

Nothin but love,
Bethany

1 comment: