Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"What Makes you Beautiful"

The title of my current blog post is the song title of a new, pre-pubescent boy band called New Direction. Shamefully, I have just recently become obsessed with their song "What Makes you Beautiful". I do not use the word obsessed lightly in the last sentence.

It's not like a listen to it a hundred times a day or even have it stuck in my head all the time. (This also isn't the same Jesse McCartney situation that I found myself in in 7th grade- this is much less severe, thankfully) It's just that every time I hear it, I cannot help but stop what I'm doing, sing every word, and abandon all formal dance training I've received in the last 18 years to flail my body without care and punch-dance myself to exhaustion. ((punch dance should not be confused with fist pump))

If you haven't heard it, it's better than it's chart-topping rival, "Call me Maybe". Pshhh.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not a top 20 girl. I like real music sung by real people. There's just something about the beat of that song that makes me weak.

Check it it out HERE

Here are some harsh realizations that I am making while I watch this video for the second time:

1) The boy in the first shot looks like a girl I know
2) Said boy from #1 loves to point at the camera and at the air. Watch for it
3) My favorite is the boy with the fluffy hair. You'll know who I'm talking about.
4) Said boy from #2 is also probably the youngest. Cool.
5) I am coveting the one boy's red pants.
6) Said boy from #4 looks like a sailor
7) All of their shirts would be too small for me
8) Boy bands LOVE capri pants
9) Those girls totally know they're beautiful. I don't buy it

I definitely didn't have time to write this blog post tonight. And it's embarrassing that with all the cool things I have to fill you guys in on, "What Makes you Beautiful" took priority.

I hope that, even if you didn't like the song as much as I do, that you at least got a laugh or two at my expense.

I'm going to bed, but tomorrow I'm gonna be smiling at the ground all day in hopes that the right boy might witness this mindless ground-smiling and fall in love with me because I must think I'm ugly.

Nothin but love,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment